01 December, 2008

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready To Go

I leave tomorrow.
I leave tomorrow.
I leave tomorrow.

I swear my mind can't stop repeating that phrase. I almost don't believe it. It is hard to make your mind believe that you are going to a place that you cannot picture. I have seen pictures, but I cannot even start to realistically imagine what my life is going to look like, or feel like for the next 27 months. The whole concept is still a very abstract idea in my mind. But soon, very soon, this abstract notion will be a very real reality.

All I know is that in 48 hours from now I will be stepping foot in Ethiopia. I will be scared. I will be nervous. I will be more ready than ever.

I know I will be ready partly because as I look at my packed luggage, I know I am prepared for pretty much anything. When I finally slid that last zipper closed I had a huge sense of relief accompanied by a wave of reality. There they are; my bags are full and my to-dos are all checked-off. I'm moving to Ethiopia.

I could not have a better support system watching over me though. My loving family, incredible friends and caring neighbors; I could not do this without your encouragement. I have truly had more support offered for this trip than I could imagine, and it has really shown me how blessed I am. Thank you all for the words of advice, warm hugs and deep discussions. I am forever grateful.

On the right side of my blog is my mailing address. Please write to me!

2 comments:

Johnna said...

You go, girl! We're tracking you every step of the way and couldn't be prouder!
Love,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Did you make it to Ethiopia?!? I miss you so much! I got your cd today and every time I listen to it I will be thinking about you :) You are absolutely amazing and brave for doing this! I will be praying for you every day!

Much love,
KatiePop